Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, what a great day! This holiday is special to me and probaly my favorite holiday due to a few activities of the day and it's significance. Thanksgiving is about gratitude, being grateful for which you have. I am grateful in no particular order for my family's love, my health and my community. Community to me means the people I associate with and WANT to be around, my house, my place of worship, where I volunteer, where I play.

Okay, I love to eat especially when someone else cooks. Awesome. Turkey is ok, but I really love sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce and the homemade pies! I recently survey facebook friends, people at work, clerks in the Towson stores about what they like to eat, more on that later. What I want to find out is what people do the day after Thanksgiving, do you shop on Black Friday, watch football, visit, take Pepto-Bismo. Do you get food hangovers???

Something to ponder for the day. Thanks to Beth for finding this...Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all...William Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment